Natural Oil is Holy Grail when it come to hair care and scalp treatment. From the Egyptians to the Greeks to the Arabians, different eras of civilization have applied the use of natural Oils for medicinal and cosmetic purposes. Mary even anointed Jesus’s feet with perfume made of pure Nard Oil in biblical times.
Uses/Benefits of Natural Oils
Natural Oils have many health benefits. Headache relief, cough relief, improve sleep, aid in weight-loss. In Hair care, they are used as sealants, moisturizers, conditioners, detanglers, treatments for Dandruff and scalp issues. Many naturalistas with ‘healthy hair’ boasts about the wonders of Natural Oils on their tresses when added to their regimen and method of moisturizing (LOC/LCO/LOCO).
They are also great for fighting skin issues. Tea-Tree Oil is used to fight acne and Lemon and Roseoil can lighten visibility of acne scars.
Types Of Natural Oils
Natural Oils are categorized into, Carrier Oils (CO) and Essential Oils (EO)
Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Avocado Oil, Castor Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Hempseed Oil, Canola Oil, Safflower Oil, Sunflower Oil, Emu Oil, Argan OIl, Sweet Almod Oil
Tee-Tree Oil, Lavender Oil, Rosemary Oil, Cintronella Oil, Peppermint Oil, Basil Oil, Sandalwood Oil,Thyme Oil, Spearmint Essential Oil, Chamomile Oil.
Why Natural Oils are great for Natural Hair?
Essential Oils evaporate easily and penetrate the scalp and skin. They contain small concentrated molecules that can reach even the blood stream. Carrier Oils do not evaporate and are used to dilute essential oils, reducing its concentration without altering its therapeutic qualities.
- Rich in anti-oxidants, vitamins and minerals from plant essence that can penetrate and nourish scalp and hair
- Used as conditioners, detanglers, sealants
- Natural oils add moisture and shine to your hair
- They moisturize the scalp helping to stop dry, flaky skin
- Help to get rid of dandruff
- Aid faster and healthier hair growth. Opening scalp pores and improving blood circulation
- Free of artificial and harmful chemicals
- Generally affordable to buying products containing processed ingredients
In my next posts we will discuss extensively on different ESSENTIAL AND CARRIER OILS. How to use them, apply them and their many benefits. I mix Coconut oil and Citronella oil with my daily moisturizer and spritz. My hair and skin loves it!
Do you have favorite Natural Oils you use for your hair? What benefits have you noticed?